HotHouse launches its online streaming service to respond to the C19 crisis and economic impact on the cultural sector
HotHouse is s taking the lead in an online streaming initiative to broadcast a wide variety of performing arts events wherein the artists “sell tickets” and earn proceeds. Additionally, our broadcasts will facilitate activist organizing tools and link small businesses and non-profits in the cultural sector who will be invited to link their crowd sourcing campaigns to raise money for their displaced staff.
The cultural community is one of the hardest hit by the C19 crisis. The closing of venues, cancellations of tours and suspension of earned income opportunities has greatly affected this already fragile ecosystem.
In response, HotHouse has convened a team of tech professionals and influential curators to launch the channel
The lead team of Vedran Residbegovic (film maker), Edward Wilkerson Jr. (musician, composer and software developer), Johnathan Woods ( videographer), Paul Lawrence ( art director), David Offenberg ( architect and HH board member) and Marguerite Horberg (founder and Executive Director of The Center for International Performance and Exhibition dba HotHouse). Members of the HotHouse Board of Directors and affiliated committee personnel are assisting the start up.
The multi-faceted objectives of the streaming services are:
- To facilitate a cultural community during the C19 crisis
- To allow cultural workers (musicians, poets, story tellers, etc.) to share a performance with the public in a virtual space
- To provide the means of revenue generation for cultural workers via this platform
- To serve an audience of people socially distanced during the pandemic so people feel less isolated, connected via the project and so arts can remain integral in their lives
- To also allow small businesses adversely affected during this moment to link their crowd- funding campaigns so they can raise money for their staff
- To potentially expand this project internationally and build bridges through culture
- To facilitate the imagination, articulation and growth of the new world, post C19 by linking social justice, environmental and radical activists from around the world
To get started, the inquiry form for interested content creators ( performers, event creators is gay meeting app
Small businesses and NGO’s interested in supporting their staff and businesses can inquire here
Other Inquiries (sponsors, underwriters, media et.al) please contact hothouse3.0@gmail